Some interesting facts about dentistry!
- The average American spends 38.5 total days brushing their teeth over a lifetime.
- People who drink 3 or more glasses of soda each day have 62% more tooth decay, fillings and tooth loss than others. Put down the pop and sports drinks and pick up some nice fresh water instead.
- Tooth enamel is the hardest substance in the human body. However, we do not recommend that you use your pearly whites to open bottle caps!
- If you don’t floss, you miss cleaning 40% of your tooth surfaces. Make sure you brush and floss twice a day!
- If you’re right handed, you will chew your food on your right side. If you’re left handed, you will tend to chew your food on your left side.
- Every year, kids in North America spend close to half a million dollars on chewing gum.
- More people use blue toothbrushes than red ones.
- Like fingerprints, everyone’s tongue print is different
- The average woman smiles 62 times a day. The average man smiles about 8 times a day.
- Kids laugh around 400 times a day, adults just 15 times a day.
- Giraffes only have bottom teeth.
- 1882 was the year commercial floss was first manufactured.
- The most valuable tooth belonged to Sir Isaac Newton. In 1816 one of his teeth was sold in London for $3,633, or in today’s terms $35,700. The tooth was set in a ring! (source: Guinness World Records 2002).
GET IN TOUCH
- 5520 Castleberry Rd #400
- Cumming, GA 30040
- Mon-Thu: 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Fri: 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. (we only have office staff, no doctor)
- Sat-Sun: Closed
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
Conveniently request an appointment online or give us a call. We look forward to exceeding your expectations.Make an appointment